Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Things I Could Tell From Things I Can’t Tell

  Heard the trembling voice
Of the X’mas card I had sent
From somewhere amidst debris
Of wall and fences, man made boundaries
Oh, cruel tidal waves!

Is it the very sea waves
Once I played with songs and games
Invaded into my compound
Like devils and devils
With its sharpened nails
With its poisonous teeth
Don’t conceal
Still I see the blood of babies
And of women spilling in your jaws.

How did you become an anarchist
With such atrocities
I asked the sea
“It’s a top secret’ said she,
‘Can you shot me dead with your gun?
She asked, laughing at me for a fun.

When all gods resurrected
Corpses lying piled up in heaps
Opened their eyes and then
Closed with their hands, all of a sudden.

Noticed the tender and beautiful feet
Of a little girl lying dead among the corpses
Wrapped up on mats, projecting

“Found the place”
“Found the place where this little girl gone”
I hear the voice in my ear
The X’mas card hurried and vanished in thin air.

“Which god is responsible for all these wanton
Destruction “? I asked the sea.
She receded, muttering
“Not anything of the sort
It is all man made “

It is the story of nature
Turned once into god and then
The God was reduced to nature again.



Create Date Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Update Date Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ponniah Ganeshan

No comments:

Post a Comment